Functions and Mandate
The Directorate of Finance and Administration is one of the six Directorates in the KNBS organization structure, reporting to the Director General. The Directorate is responsible for all shared services in
- Human Resource Management and Development
The directorate is organized into three departments closely linked to the functional areas in the directorate, namely;
The department ensure that:
- All revenues received are properly receipted and accounted for.
- All expenditures incurred are properly supported (documentary evidence) and accounted for.
- Proper authorization for payments is established and given in effecting payments.
- All approval stages or processes in effecting any financial transaction are observed.
- Financial reports are produced as per requirements
- Provides the design and implementation of policies
- All employees operate within guidelines set out in the Finance Regulation and Procedures Manual.
Human Resource Department
This department carries out the following functions among others:
- Preparation of indents for job advertisements
- Short-listing and interviewing of job candidates
- Appointments and induction of new staff
- Job descriptions & Staff contracts
- Administration of staff benefits and allowances
- Processing of Salaries and raising of Pay change advices
- Transfers of staff
- Administration of the Medical scheme , Group Life and Group Accident Insurances
- Mainstreaming of HIV & AIDS , Gender and Disability activities in the Bureau
- Training & Development
- Welfare (funerals ,sports etc)
- Staff Discipline
Processing of staff exit procedures
The administration department handles all issues dealing with:
- Transport and logistics
- Repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment
- Repair and maintenance of buildings
- Civil works
- Safety and security of staff and assets of the Bureau
- Insurance of all assets