The Directorate of Strategy and Development is one of the six directorates of Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS). It is divided into three main units namely;
- Policy and Planning,
- Research and Development of statistical Methods and standards,
- Coordination of the National Statistical System (NSS).
Its functions are mainly to:
- coordinate formulation and implementation of Bureau strategic plans,
- coordinate the National Statistical System (NSS), undertaking research and analysis of the social sector and review standards and methods in the production
- dissemination of statistical information across the NSS.