Job Title: Senior Accountant (Management Accounting)
KNBS: Level 5
Ref: KNBS/ SAMA/1/2014
No. of Posts: 1
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the Officer will be expected to carry out various duties as assigned in the Finance Department.
• Implementing the Bureau’s accounting policies and procedures;
• Handling all bank reconciliations and bank correspondences;
• Verification of payment vouchers and accruals of funds;
• Maintenance of accurate and updated Management accounting information;
• Monitoring and authorizing Petty Cash expenses and reimbursements;
• Management of staff imprests and advances;
• Apportioning of prepayments and County surrenders to specific cost centers;
• Providing the liaison with external auditors in audit of financial statements;
• EFT preparation – Budgeting, budgetary control, Quarterly reporting, and Cash flow management
• In charge of Vote book costing, Variance analysis, Bank reconciliation and preparation of Board papers;
• Custody of accountable documents’
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Accountant ;
The Applicant Must
• Be in a possession of a B. Com degree and CPA III or equivalent;
• Have at least 5 years financial accounting experience;
• Be familiar with workings of computerized financial systems;
• Be familiar with Government Financial systems and ERP;
• Have a high level of integrity.
Applicants should submit application letters accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae using the given format; provide daytime contacts and certified copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts, testimonials and National ID/Passport. Kindly note that failure to attach the required documents will lead to disqualification.
The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
P. O. Box 30266 – 00100
Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 131
Applications must be received not later than 15th June, 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KNBS is an equal opportunity employer
FEMALE CANDIDATES AND PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY